None of us would in our wildest dreams ever have thought that a virus, or as we now know it, Covid-19, would have such a significant impact within the UK and across the world. It has truly touched us all. The NHS has been at the forefront of keeping the UK safe during these uncertain times and this has been challenging for each and everyone of us.
At this time, we do not have a vaccination for Coronavirus. But, patients who are in the priority groups are being contacted by letter or text to invite them to book a seasonal flu vaccination.
By having the vaccination at our surgery, patients will protect themselves over the winter months and also support the Practice in being able to deliver this critically important national campaign.
This years Flu Vaccination Campaign will be delivered differently, as you would expect, and we will be observing strictly guidelines to keep you safe, including social distancing and infection control. Further information is included in this letter.
This years Flu Vaccination Campaign is by appointment only. We will be providing appointments on weekdays, including some early and late appointment and on a number of Saturday mornings.
Important Information regarding the Flu Vaccination Campaign 2020
- Flu vaccinations will provided at Kingsmead Surgery on weekdays and from Danebridge Medical Centre on a Saturday.
- Please note that Danebridge Medical Centre will not have car parking facilities, when providing Flu Vaccinations on a Saturday, but has negotiated that patients can park in the Care UK Charity car park (formerly Co-Operative Food), 40 Chester Way, Northwich CW9 5JA.
- Flu vaccinations can be booked by phone on 01606 544544 selecting Option 6, from 1.00pm – 5.00pm Monday – Friday.
- Appointments are initially for people in the priority groups. Please do not arrive more than five minutes before your allocated appointment time. No additional services or facilities are available at the vaccination locations.
- Do not attend an appointment if you, or a member of your household have Coronavirus, or Coronavirus symptoms.
- Patients will be required to wear a face mask and also strictly observe social distancing measures.
- On the day of your appointment, our team will ask patients a number of safety questions and your temperature will be taken. A patients temperature will be taken and we may refuse entry.
- Our team will be wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and will be complying with strict infection control processes. If patient require additional support, please make a team member aware.